Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Courage & Sunshine


Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement
that something else is more important than fear.
~Ambrose Redmoon

I was blessed once again have the opportunity to photograph an incredible family for the second time. You may remember our trip to the park last summer and that awesome picture of their little man flying up into the air! For this session, Amanda chose the JMU Arboretum in Harrisonburg. Always a great choice :-) The kids have grown since I saw them last year and were just as cute as ever. We had fun tromping around and following Payten as she found the best photo spots. She even took a turn behind the camera (scroll down to the last photo of her mom & dad together to see her work)! The ever energetic Bryce had fun flirting with my beautiful assistant and little Addy loved the bubbles I brought along.

I chose courage and sunshine as the heading of this post because I am reminded what real courage is each and every time I am with this family. Little Addison struggles to live with Gaucher Disease. It is a very rare condition which in her case cause a number life-threatening issues. Addy and her family face this daunting challenge with a grace and optimism that inspires me. It is obvious that her parents enjoy each in every minute they spend with Addison and her siblings. I am sure that some days must seem overwhelming, but they continue to fight to make each day happy and full of sunshine for her. There are so many unknowns with Gaucher Disease and the search for a cure continues. I saw this quote today and thought of this family. Thanks Amanda & Brett for reminding me of what true courage is...and for allowing me to share a few hours with your wonderful kids. I hope you enjoy your sneak peek...







This is the picture that Payten took!

0 comments: